Monday, April 4, 2016

Irony

My mother has unfortunately been diagnosed with Dementia and is showing some very obvious signs of the condition.  She is largely lucid just very forgetful.  She has not forgotten me, nor has she forgotten my siblings so I guess that is a good thing.

The irony is that she has forgotten who her husband is.  She recently spent some time with my brother and his wife after a blow up at home with my adoptive father.  She is back home now and my sister has moved in to care for her.  When she got home JRK came to check on her a number of times.  She asked my sister who he was:  "Who is that man that keeps coming in here and why is he so grumpy?".

It is sad but also funny...and you can not help but appreciate the irony in regards to who she seems to have forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment