Thursday, June 9, 2016

Is it the Weather, Stupid?

The weather, in terms of heat and humidity, play havoc with my nervous system.  This is ironic given the years that I spent on boats...unimaginable now.  Interestingly this does not seem to be the case with all MS sufferers as I have met someone who positively loves the heat of the sun and feels no impact from it...rare though.

In my case heat from any source is bad and there also seems to be a humidity link and a link to a change in the weather...but I say seemingly because nothing is ever 100% correlated.    Two days ago I had an almost complete meltdown.  Not quite paralyzed but close.  Luckily it only lasted the day and I felt better yesterday and even better today.   Interestingly it was pretty hot two days ago (for England), it was humid, and a front was set to move through.

Well the front has moved through, the temperature has dropped, as has the humidity, and I feel pretty good.  Now remember, when I say pretty good, I mean relatively speaking.  If it were ten years ago and I woke up feeling like I did this morning I would have called an ambulance.  But it is all relative.

No comments:

Post a Comment