Thursday, March 12, 2015

Day 18 - Almost Knocked Myself Over (+9)

Feeling a little better again today.   Scurrying around on my two sticks, and occasionally just one stick, trying to get things done around the house and I almost tipped myself over.   I think that I am recovered enough to be able to get up without help but it has been enough of a worry that I had been keeping my mobile in my pocket when I am up and about.

So, how did I almost fall over?  I have never been a paragon of grace and virtue.  Maybe virtue but certainly not grace.  Ok, not virtue either.   In any case, I am a bit of a klutz and this has NOT improved with my having MS.   I drop things all the time.  Often one or more of my sticks.

So today I go to lean stick one up against the wall while I plan on hobbling around on stick two.  For some reason though stick one decides that it does not want to lean against the wall but really wants to fall on the floor landing on my foot.   Now this would not be a big deal except that one of the feature that I get with my version of MS is a very heightened reflex reaction.  When a doctor tests my kick reflex I suggest they stand well to the side.   So, when the stick lands on my foot my leg spasms and I just about fall on my ass.  

That would have been embarrassing.   Luckily I was able to catch myself before I ended up in a heap on the floor.  Sara had suggested that some Physical Therapy might be a good idea.  I think she is right though I am going to hate it.

By the way, I just added a suffix to my posts to count up the number of days from the end of my treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment